Mr Omar Hadid – Consultant Ophthalmologist and Oculoplastic and Orbital Surgeon
After initial experience in Neurology in Southampton and Hammersmith hospital, he undertook specialist Ophthalmic training in the Northern Deanery. Mr Hadid’s subspecialist expertise in Oculoplastic and Orbital surgery was developed over several years through advanced subspeciality training in Newcastle upon Tyne and as an Oculoplastic and Orbital Fellow at the Royal Victoria Hospital and Manchester Royal Eye Hospital (MREH).
He specialises in all aspects of eyelid, lacrimal (tear drainage), eye socket and orbital disease, cataract surgery, and also general ophthalmology. Mr Hadid has written a number of research papers relating to Oculoplastic surgery and has presented at several national and international meetings.
- Aesthetics periocular procedures including eyelid hooding, blepharoplasty, brow lifts, Botulinum toxin
- Eyelids: Eyelid cysts, biopsy, skin cancer/skin tumours: excision and reconstruction, eyelid malposition (ectropion, entropion, ptosis – droopy eyelids), blepharospasm.
- Watery eyes (Ectropion repair, Punctoplasty, Puntal or canalicular stenting, endonasal and external DCR surgery, Lester Jones tube insertion, Botox to the lacrimal gland)
- Orbital and socket surgery (thyroid eye disease, proptosis, orbital tumours, bulging eyes, socket surgery and reconstruction, eye removal (exenteration, enucleation and evisceration), orbital implants.
- GMC (General Medical Council)
- BOPSS (British Oculoplastic Surgery Society)
- Royal College of Ophthalmologists. London
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Royal College of Physicians of England
- The Medical and Dental Defence Union of Scotland (MDDUS)
- North of England Ophthalmological Society (NOES)