Renuvion versus BodyTite
At our Med Fiore Aesthetic clinic, it is very common to received enquiries from patients who are concerned about sagging, wrinkly, or loose skin on various parts of their bodies.
Radiofrequency is a popular technology for non-excisional soft tissue contraction. There are multiple methods of radiofrequency delivery available, including monopolar, bipolar, multipolar, fractional, and plasma-driven.
Two of the most popular options today are BodyTite and Renuvion. Both treatments use radiofrequency energy to tighten the skin and reduce sagging, wrinkles, and loose skin. At Med Fiore Aesthetic Clinic, we offer both treatments, and we often get asked about the differences between the two.
Similarities Between BodyTite and Renuvion
- Both BodyTite and Renuvion utilize advanced Skin tightening technology known as Radiofrequency Assisted Lipolysis (RFAL). This technology heats tissues under the skin, promoting the production of collagen and elastin and coagulating the skin for better tone and texture.
- BodyTite and Renuvion, are FDA-approved tissue coagulation technologies. These minimally invasive treatments melt fat and tighten skin, without requiring any sutures.
- They deliver controlled and targeted heat through a thin wand into the treatment areas, resulting in the shrinking (coagulating) of deeper tissues and skin contraction.
- Both treatments can be used on any area of the body, including the abdomen, back, flanks, bra rolls, inner and outer thighs, and arms.
- They require little downtime, typically with a swift recovery of 1 week.
- Additionally, both treatments can be applied to the neck and chin for a non-surgical facelift, using a slightly smaller wand. For optimal results, combining either treatment with liposuction to suction off fat is recommended.
Differences between BodyTite and Renuvion.
- BodyTite has a sister application called FaceTite that is specifically used for treatments on the chin and neck. Both treatments are made by InMode and are essentially the same, except for the size of the wand. Studies have shown that BodyTite achieves 35% – 45% skin contraction in the treatment area, which is better than what can be achieved with liposuction or laser lipo alone, but less than what excisional surgery can provide. Results can be seen immediately after the procedure, with continued improvement for up to 12 months due to renewed collagen production that enhances the texture of the skin.
- In contrast, Renuvion bolsters the radiofrequency energy with helium plasma emitted through the tip of the wand. This allows the tissues to be heated precisely to 85 degrees Celsius and cooled down again in under one second. It means that the tissues can safely be heated to a higher temperature, allowing the surgeon to finish an entire area in just 5-15 minutes. Studies have shown that Renuvion can achieve 60% skin contraction, with results that can be seen immediately after the procedure, continuing to improve for 6-9 months. Renuvion can also be used on the chin and neck for a non-surgical facelift, like FaceTite, but is marketed under the same name.
Conclusion of Renuvion versus BodyTite
While Renuvion may seem to be the superior treatment due to the higher percentage of skin contraction achieved, it is essential to note that the results primarily depend on the skill and experience of the surgeon performing the procedure. Both treatments can provide excellent results, and the choice between the two should be made based on individual patient needs and surgeon expertise.Learn More About Renuvion - J Plasma